Sarracenia flava

Sarracenia flava

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

That Little Bugger!

So today I found a bug inside one of my Darlingtonia pitchers. "Isn't that good?" you might say but it was not an ordinary bug, but a very ferocious and hairy caterpillar. After repeated attempts with a toothpick and some manicure scissors I finally retrieved the wretched insect from its comfortable home. Unfortunately for it, I killed it; unfortunately for me, the damage was already done.
The little bugger itself
The damage done

Seconds from death

Hope no one else has this problem! Good Growing!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with those pesky pests!! Also thanks for this blog :) I want to make a CP bog where I live (southwest Ohio) and this blog has proven helpful alredy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, it's great to hear from my viewers and I hope your bog turns out well!

    ReplyDelete