Sarracenia flava

Sarracenia flava

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Welcome

It has seemed you have stumbled upon my blog, I am not sure what this will turn into, or even how to write a good blog, so bear with me.
For starters this blog is about how I grow carnivorous plants in northern IL in both my outdoor bog and my greenhouse. I have been growing carnivorous plants since I was 6 years old with a very sad little venus fly trap. Now my modest collection has about 50 plants divided up around 30 different species of both indoor and outdoor species. I am starting this blog in winter so in the beginning there won't be too many pictures but I will try to post once a week or so.  Currently my bog is in complete dormancy and has only been alive for one season and I am not even sure if it will survive this winter, we'll see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment